In order to ensure optimal system performance, you need you keep your hard drive as organized as possible – something you can easily achieve with a defrag tool like UltraDefrag Portable.
UltraDefrag Portable analyzes and defragments your hard drive, organizing all the files and folders stored in it. Having a compacted, organized drive makes it much faster in terms of reading and writing speed, which in turn improves your system' general status. The program is very easy to use and doesn't require installation.
Despite a somewhat rudimentary interface, UltraDefrag Portable actually works quite well. It's quite fast in analyzing and defragmenting, though the final length of the whole process will depend on your hard drive's size and how messy it is. If you can't wait until it's finished, simply tick the "Shut down PC after a job" option and forget about it
UltraDefrag Portable also features a configuration menu and a tool to generate reports, but unfortunately both must be tweaked via a text file – no graphic interface included.
UltraDefrag Portable is a simple, fast defrag tool that does what it says on the tin.
- GUI debugging output was forced to be saved in the log file
- added "Debug" item to the help menu
- added "View change log", "View translation report" and
- "Submit current translation" items to language menu
- result of the previous operation stays visible for the boot time interface